During mentoring a relationship builds that assists others to grow and learn. Sometimes it even benefits the mentor (but that is another point). Mentoring is a technique that is not new, and yet it is so fulfilling. Fulfilling on behalf of the mentor, and the mentee. Mentoring allows individuals to interact in a helping relationship, on a more equal basis, which in turn cultivates growth and learning.
My experience in managing RTOs, in business development and working with a huge variety of RTOs is one part, however I believe the most important aspect of this relationship is a genuine desire to help. This allows for open and assertive communication and the trust of both parties.
Learning from others
It is true that whilst mentoring I also learn much from my students, which allows me to grow and develop along the way. They provide me with new ways to impart skills and knowledge, allow me to me and to show true authenticity.
Over the years mentoring has happened in business whether it is fostered as a development strategy; allowed or encouraged as an informal process; or is an activity that occurs below the consciousness of individuals. People ARE learning from others, adopting modelled behaviours and attitudes and absorbing the culture and perceived values of the organisation through their personal interactions with co-workers. RTO Mentor can formalise these processes and make sure the modelled behaviours are actually what is required within the RTO.
Benefits to your RTO:
- Increase in morale and motivation
- Increased compliance
- Increased student satisfaction
- Greater productivity
- Communication of values, goals and plans
- Implementation of new initiatives
- Fostering of shared values and team work
- Enhancement of leadership and people management skills of managers
- Increase in staff satisfaction
- Building a learning organisation
- Increased profits
Benefits to the individual being mentored:
- Development of knowledge about compliance
- Self-directed learning
- Compliments ongoing formal study and/or training and development activities
- Give and receive feedback
- Receive encouragement and support to achieve goals
- Develop new and/or different perspectives
- Get assistance with ideas
- Demonstrate strengths and explore potential
- Develop visibility within or outside an organisation
- Be challenged to use talents and share expertise
Our policy at RTO Mentor is to pass on our skills and expertise to our clients so you have a compliant RTO and pass audits, as well as a sustainable business. We work closely with nominated people as appropriate throughout the project. Our approach aims to be as participate as possible, involving key players to ensure that their needs and expectations are being met, whilst meeting a compliance focus.
Of course the benefits to RTO mentor are many but in a nut shell:
If I have helped you succeed, I am happy
Nothing makes me happier than receiving a phone call from a client I have mentored to hear them say they passed their audit, or they got the project.